twisted

As always, if you have questions, objections, worries or praise, and especially if you found your picture and want it removed, feel free to contact me. I will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also read my full disclaimer, if you are interested.

 

Today I wanted to develop a batch of Double-X in Delta Std, but then realised that I didn’t have enough vitamin C. In the end Caffenol-CH had to do. In any case robo, my robotic collaborator, helped me with the development – I fixed his erratic behaviour last night. Although development wasn’t perfectly even in pictures with a lot of sky it was not my usual problem of surge marks, but rather much too random streaking to be robo’s fault – the streaks were randomly going this way and that, so I suspect that it might be an issue solved with a pre-soak or a proper stop bath instead of water. Or maybe some of the ingredients of the Caffenol didn’t dissolve properly and were floating about. One day I’ll figure it out! Uneven development is actually my old nemesis and has been haunting me from day 1. In any case, robo was meant for C41 development, because for C41 the agitation is much less critical. Judging from my first results in black and white, robo should work fine for that.

The pictures I’m showing you today were not developed with robo though. They were part of another experiment with cold Caffenol-CL to reduce grain. As you can see, it worked really well, at least for Double-X. Today’s results with Caffenol-CH were much more grainy in comparison.

All pictures taken with: Leica M6 + Zeiss ZM C-Biogon 35mm f/2.8.
Double-X @400 stand-developed in cold Caffenol-CL.

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

© Lilly Schwartz 2015

Leave a Reply